I have a proposition. Why not make new, different resolutions (and work on those every year ones, too). What would you like to do this year? These should be your new New Year’s Resolutions. If you want to do something, the chance is greater that you will do it. You would have success for a change at the end of next year.
I am going on record with my new New Year’s Resolutions for 2015.
- I am going to make at least one new friend.
- I am going to join and attend at least one social group.
- I am going to visit interesting places near where I live.
- If I can financially, I am going to visit interesting places far from where I live.
- I am going to sit in a quiet place outside and receive the benefits of the sun, air, and all that nature can give – at least once per week.
- I am going to travel (this is a personal love for me) and it will not involve moving (after I move to Florida in the early spring).
- I am going to earn additional money doing something that I love.
- I am going to get involved in some sort of charity work, i.e. teaching reading for free, computer lessons for free, or getting involved with an actual charity and giving my time.
- I am going to make a list on Jan. 1, 2015 of things that I used to do that gave me pleasure, and I am going to make plans to do them again if I am physically able. (Dancing all night might be out.)
- This one is open; if I discover something new to do and love, this is where it will go.
Happy New Year!